At Sea View House we love food. We love to grow it cook it and eat it.
Nearly all that we eat ourselves or serve to our guests is either homegrown produced or sourced locally.
Food Miles: By sourcing as much of our food as possible from local producers and our gardens, we reduce the food miles (the distance that food must travel to get from farm to fork) of the food we serve. Our menu indicates the food miles of every dish we serve.
Eggs: Eggs come straight from our Ducks and Chickens.
Fruit and Vegetables: Our home is based on the family farm allowing us to produce some of the fruit and vegetables we use in the kitchen.
- Herbs from our small kitchen garden.
- Tomatoes, melons and strawberry from our Polly Tunnel
- Rhubarb, strawberry’s, potatoes, apples come from our garden and small orchard.
The rest of our fruit and vegetables come from Cathronia’s stall in the square in Ennistymon.
Breads, Fruits, Jams and Preserves: Rather than buy in packaged and tined food we try to bake and cook as much as possible in our kitchen.
- We poach and stew all our own fruits.
- We make our own jams and chutneys.
- Darra bakes most of the breads and muffins that we serve.
Yoghurt: We make all our own yoghurt here at Sea view House.
Cheese: We source all our cheese from small local artisan producers:
- Goats Cheese from St Tola Organic Goats Cheese in Inagh.
- Gouda from the Ailwee Cave in Balyvaughan.
- Cheddar from Cahill’s Farmhouse Cheese in Limerick.
Smoked Salmon: Our smoked Salmon comes from the Burren Smokehouse in Lisdoonvarna.
Fish: Garrihy’s Seafood just up the road from us supply us with our breakfast Kippers.
Black Pudding: We get our delicious handmade Bonina Black pudding from C&M foods in Tulla Co Clare.
Pork: All our sausages and smoked bacon are supplied by Loughanes of Galway.
Groceries: General groceries are bought at Jordan’s in Lisdoonvarna or Supervalu in Ennistymon.