Located in a field just behind the Lodges @ Sea View House Doonmacfelim CastLe dates to about the year 1500. It was the property of Teigue McMurrogh O’Brien in 1577. In 1641, it passed from Donough O’Brien to John Sarsfield. During the 1641 rebellion it was owned by Donogh O’Brein. He retained ownership after the rebellion. Doomacfelim roughly translates as ‘’the doon (fort) of the son of Felim’’.
Only the vaulted ground floor remains. The castle is now a national monument and can be seen from Sea View House. The castle is now a national monument and can also be seen from the Bed and Breakfast @ Sea View House.